BIG Trout, that’s our thing. So if you’re looking for trophy sized lake trout, this is it.
Fly-out on a charter float plane over 200 miles North of Yellowknife to Point Lake, one of the largest rivers on the Coppermine River system. Typically ice-free by the second week in July, Point Lake offers the ideal environment to fish for trophy lake trout. And it’s no wonder that MonsterQuest sent wildlife biologist Dick Sternberg to investigate the giant lake trout that eluded angler Conrad Pilon. After struggling to reel in a fish he had on the line for hours the fish eventually got away when his equipment couldn’t take the tension and snapped. This is one of the reasons a minimum of 25lb test line is recommended.
Aside from the legendary story and others like it there have been many that have been successfully caught and released, the current record is 58lbs.
Enjoy the camaraderie of small groups and personalized service.
|2023 Schedule||2024 Schedule|
| July 13 – 20|
July 20- 27
July 27 – August 03
August 03 – 10
|2023 Price (per person)||2024 Price (per person)|
|Minimum number of guests: 4||Maximum Number of guests: 12|
All rates are USD per person and based on double occupancy. Single guests can sign up to fish with another angler and/or share a room with another person of the same gender at the regular rate. If a single guest prefers to have a private room, this option is available pending lodge capacity and space. Alternate option is to book a single private room. Canadian Resident? Contact us for our special Canadian rate.
If you’re looking for additional dates, check out our 5-Day Big Laker Fishing Trip or if you’re interested in booking an exclusive group and have particular fishing dates in mind, contact our office.
▪ Seven nights accommodation
▪ Three delicious meals per day (including packed or shore lunch option)
▪ Guides (1 guide per 2 guests)
▪ Boats, equipped with dual motors, fuel, cushioned swivel seats
▪ Lodge Gear including: on-board fish finders, rubber boots and life jackets*
▪ Personalized shuttle to and from the Yellowknife airport, hotel and float base
▪ Celebratory continental breakfast at float base prior to your flight to the lodge
* lodge fishing rods and reels are available, please be sure to let us know in advance if you need some gear.
What’s Not Included
Fishing licenses can be purchased online or at our lodge tackle and gift shop. Please let us know if you’ve purchased your license online.
Please see our Terms and Conditions Page for more information.
Catch & Release
We employ a catch & release policy and, make exception for those tasty shore lunches.